sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] OT: About gnu/hurd?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] OT: About gnu/hurd?
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 11:11:18 -0600

Hi,

I just looked for sourcemage hurd under google, hoping to find any
port for the hurd, and I found this:

http://oldwiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=The+Source+Mage+Developers

Architecture Name ... Email ...
GNU/HURD Andrew Stitt ... astitt AT sourcemage.org ...

And also an old discussion:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2003-June/003426.html
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2003-June/003427.html
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2003-June/003428.html
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2003-June/003431.html

has this effort been continued? Is there a way to install hurd on a
partition from sourcemage iso image, and also to rebuild the hurd
through sorcery? Is the port actually ready for testing?

I'm asking because I installed a couple of times the debian port, and
it was pretty usable (not for regular use because gnu mach still lacks
support for sound and usb), however I don't know if debian patches for
hurd reach upstream, so I'm not sure if any ports from debian are
actually easy to be caught by sourcemage.

Any ways, I'd like to try a source based gnu/hurd system, and I'm just
curios if at this moment it's possible.

Thanks a lot.

--
Javier