sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:42:28 -0800

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 10:28:59PM +0100, Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> On Thursday 04 January 2007 22:09, Andrew wrote:
> > >
> > > You make it sound like there was such a list. We only get a few "must
> > > fix
> > > before release+" now and then, nothing organised like the last time.
> > > Without any focus or directions, everybody just does random stuff.
> >
> > There was a list, it was derived from ledger's usage statistics.
> A public one? I went to check the archives and found nothing.

Well, I think it was something vague like "top 25% of spells on
ledger. That it wasnt posted supports my point, it was probably part
of the problem and led to the aforementioned misunderstanding that
all the spells had to get fixed. So yes, there wasnt as formal a list,
but you should be able to find posts that allude to this list. What Im
suggesting now is that we *do* make that list. I started it (informally)
with basesystem. People can add to it with their "one spell" I suggested
earlier.

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |