sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Buggy grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Buggy grimoire
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:07:45 +0100

Am Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:08:45 -0800
schrieb seth AT swoolley.homeip.net:

> I don't think it would hurt to "tag" each spell with a "stable/unstable"
> qualifier as long as we don't do it the gentoo way and use it as our
> "upgrade-ready" tag.

This tags would have to be added automatically from bugzilla into the stable
grimoire tarball on periodic generation... it could just be adding a BUGS
file with a list of bug IDs to any buggy spell.

> At one point I thought it would be nice to add into gaze a way to see
> filed bugs aginst a particular version of a spell. I think that would

> [...]

> A single field added to bugzilla could enable this. Triaging the spells
> by having volunteers associate existing bugs to buggy spells would then
> need to be done, but at that point at least you've benefitted by having
> an improved dataset to work off of.

That is indeed very valuable... especially since we don't have bugs
associated with spells atm, but only with sections.
It is not very comfortable to search bugzilla just by title keywords. Most
times I want to see if that particular bug I found for a certain spell is
already in there, having the list of bugs associated to a spell at hand by
means of a dedicated field ("affected_spells") makes this search a lot easier.
And gaze could make a bugzilla query for

gaze bugs <spell>

and present a list of bug ids / urls and short title line...

Thomas.