sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] smgl-fhs proposed update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] smgl-fhs proposed update
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:33:08 -0800

Okay I know there was discussion a while back about moving to fhs 2.3
and how /srv and /media didn't fly with many people. I'd like to add
the query to include some of the additions and make some optional
queries to the user for smgl-fhs. The directories are optional given
the location and according to the fhs, at least that's how I read it.

Attached is a patch for what I'd like to submit, comments are welcome.
Using the defaults the patch should produce the same resulting
directories as before.
This doesn't fix the fact that smgl-fhs produces bad symlinks in /usr/X11R6.

If no one screams bloody murder over this I'll submit it to test.

- David Brown

  • [SM-Discuss] smgl-fhs proposed update, David Brown, 12/31/2006