sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] multipath in sourcemage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jens Laas <jens.laas AT data.slu.se>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] multipath in sourcemage
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:08:32 +0100 (CET)

I have made a SAN installation with sourcemage.

For this to work I needed the multipath-tools package and a custom initrd.

multipath-tools contains a daemon named multipathd that manages and creates device-mapper nodes under /dev/mapper.

These nodes are then used for mounting partitions.

Now the problem:

multipathd needs to be started before mountall.sh is run (and probably after devices and maybe even the whole of %DEV).

How do I configure this in the rc-script?

(It might suffice to run dmsetup and /sbin/multipath at an earlier stage).

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Jens

(The spell is in the grimoire: http://infra.slu.se/codex/slu.tar.bz2)

cat /etc/init.d/runlevels/%S/multipathd
#!/bin/sh

PROGRAM=/sbin/multipathd
RUNLEVEL=S
NEEDS=

. /etc/init.d/smgl_init

start() {
echo -n "Starting multipathd..."
/sbin/dmsetup mknodes
/sbin/multipath
$PROGRAM
}

stop() {
echo -n "Stopping multipathd..."
killall multipathd
}

reload() {
$0 stop
$1 start
}

restart() {
run_func reload
}

'In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
But, in practice, there is.'
Jens Låås Email: jens.laas AT data.slu.se
Department of Computer Services, SLU Phone: +46 18 67 35 15
Vindbrovägen 1
P.O. Box 7079
S-750 07 Uppsala
SWEDEN