sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] python 2.5 upgrade

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] python 2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 16:01:32 +0100

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 14:59, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> Ok it seems my methode catches everything. So before committing the
> stuff, I would like to be sure that I can remove all the TRIGGERS that
> contains "on_cast python cast_self" ? The UP_TRIGGERS research does find
> these spells, but I just wanted to know if those TRIGGERS were only
> intended for minor updates (2.4->2.5) or was it also for maintenance
> releases (2.5->2.5.1) or anything else ?
I wouldn't remove them, they will always trigger, not just now. UP_TRIGGERS
would catch them only in this version-change case. Unless you made it more
general, making more work for yourself. The stuff there now works, albeit all
the if checks you posted should be changed to use is_depends_enabled.

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org