sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-modular and fonts

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-modular and fonts
  • Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 17:44:00 +0100

On 17:32:23 2006-11-04 "B. A. S." <silverdrop9 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> No, I use Window Maker. I am seeing issues in firefox and OOo. The
> character set seems incomplete in OOo, strangely. A good example from
> OOo would be quotations. If I turn on automatically replacing double
> quotes with syntactic quotes, it gives goofy characters, partly because
> only one side of the syntactic quotes are available--end quotes are
> missing in Times New Roman. Thank you for the suggestion, though,
> Juuso.
>
> B. A. Storm

OOo has always had defective font handling and printer handilng... Instead
of relying on the X fonts and fontconfig it does something by itself...
Same for printers...

As for the others I don't really know what could be the problem... I have
yet to see any serious font issues... The one thing that might be is that I
didn't install any bitmap fonts and it seems it doesn't have the Bitstream
Vera in any of the ttf fontpacks...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461