sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] splitting cvs spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] splitting cvs spells
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:50:36 +0200

Le vendredi 06 octobre 2006 à 13:19 +0300, Juuso Alasuutari a écrit :
> We were discussing this subject with ruskie, and I thought I should ask
> about
> it here: How many prefer having the cvs/devel version of a program
> integrated
> into the mainline spell, and how many think it's generally best to have
> separate spells?

That would be good indeed that we normalize that. Not especially for us,
but above all for the users. It should be less confusing to have only
one convention.
From this point of view, I would say that the latter is better. With a
spell named in *-cvs you don't have to wonder what version it is. ;-)
However I heard few days ago some of us who were worried about the
grimoire size. Considering this, the former may be better because it
allows code share.