sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [Cauldron] Direction for the Cauldron Team

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [Cauldron] Direction for the Cauldron Team
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 01:45:31 +0200

David Kowis wrote :

> gpg: Signature made ned 24 sep 2006 01:33:04 CEST using RSA key ID 70EB739B
> gpg: Good signature from "David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>"
> gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> owner.
> Primary key fingerprint: 98EC 7077 CB97 00A1 F2E7 3834 C9DF FAF4 70EB 739B
>

> Okay, this has been a long time coming. People have been asking for ISOs
> and we've simply not been making them. The cauldron team has very
> limited resources, and we need to get some new ISO's built. We will
> streamline the ISO generation process by switching to a big tarball method.
>
> TODO:
> * Build a custom chroot that is going to be the installed system
> * Use morfic's scripts, modify if necessary, to build an ISO containing
> the chroot
> * Modify the existing installer to install a chroot
>
> --
> David Kowis
>
> ISO Team Lead - www.sourcemage.org
> SourceMage GNU/Linux
>
> Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
> find easier ways to do something.
> - Robert Heinlein

So in other words like how we USED to do it :)

Acctually I LOVE this way of installation :)

I still install from a 0.9.2 iso afaik the last stable that had a
tarball install.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461