sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] going ahead with stable release process...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] going ahead with stable release process...
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:50:36 -0700

Here's a short little note to say that I've decided, as per Jeremy's
recent mail about the git conversion, to go ahead with the next steps of
the release process.

to review:

stable-rc will become what test is now. The current stable-rc is too
old. We're then going to test the new stable-rc, so expect lots of bugs
filed. All existing integrate to stable-rc requests will be approved if
they have not been approved.

For things like gnome, we'll probably use the updated gnome if it works
well. There are some broken things like init.d/lvm that either need
reversions or fixes. I'm inviting those who want to pay attention to
the process to join #sourcemage-quality on irc.freenode.net.

The actual candidate for the stable-rc branch may take me the weekend,
or part way through next week to cut the first stable-rc from the new
integrations for mass prometheus testing. Those who have exotic
hardware, feel free to schedule your own testing around then, too.

Then we'll go on with our normal process from there.

Seth