sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc prometheus run nearing completion

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable-rc prometheus run nearing completion
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:01:10 +0200

Le vendredi 02 juin 2006 à 10:46 +0200, Treeve Jelbert a écrit :
> On Thursday 01 June 2006 19:47, seth AT swoolley.homeip.net wrote:
> > stable-rc prometheus run nearing completion... film at eleven.
> >
> > After ten days of watching compiles, I'm about 1/2 done triaging bugs and
> > prometheus is nearing the end of its run with 90% of the spells done.
> > That
> > means it will be done in time for the weekend. I will spend most of
> > Saturday triaging the rest of the bugs and based off input from Arwed, I
> > will be making a must fix list and a new (much smaller) test list for
> > those
> > fixes. Anything you have gotten approval to integrate/want to integrate,
> > it must be fixed over this weekend and the early part of next week. If
> > the
> > fixes Arwed and I want in are not in, stable release will be delayed, so
> > if
> > you are an unlucky soul assigned to fix something, please get on it or I
> > will be forced to fix it myself and we'll remember not to assign you
> > responsibilities in the future ;)
>
> Can someone please clarify the procedure for me.
>
> There are number of bugs which have been fixed in test and the 'fixed in
> lower
> branch' flag has been set.
> Do i need to also set the 'integ to stable-rc' flag and the actually
> perform
> the 'p4 integ test/xxx/... stable-rc4/xxx/...' myself?

Definitively not !
When you fix a bug from stable-rc, you must set the 'fixed in lesser
branch' flag to indicate you have corrected it in test (this is not
needed if the bug is reported from test) AND the 'integ to stable-rc'
flag to ? to request the integration in stable-rc. If don't do the
second, no one will see you have corrected the bug. Then a gatekeeper
will set it to + if he approves the fix. Once this is done, any
developer with stable-rc access can integrate the fix and marks the bug
as FIXED.