sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SM-Discuss] Xorg-modular

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SM-Discuss] Xorg-modular
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 21:11:21 +0200

Eric Sandall wrote :

> gpg: Signature made tor 23 maj 2006 21:02:25 CEST using DSA key ID A8EFDD61
> gpg: Good signature from "Eric Sandall (Sandalle) <eric AT sandall.us>"
> gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> owner.

> Primary key fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
>

> Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 May 2006 20:07, Andraإ� "ruskie" Levstik wrote:
> >> Well today xorg 7.1 was released and we already have it in our
> >> grimoire:
> >>
> >> scribe add xorg-modular from
> >> http://codex.sourcemage.org/testing/xorg-modular.tar.bz2
> >>
> >> For those that want to test it:
> >> a) dispel xorg
> >> b) cast xorg-server
> >> c) cast various drivers and libs you might need from xorg-drivers and
> >> xorg-libs
> >>
> >> section
> >>
> >> Report bugs on bugzilla...
> > is there any documentation describing how to install xorg-modular for a
> > typical desktop environment?
> > Which drivers and libs are relevant?
>
> I'd ASSuME accepting the defaults will give a working X.org on nearly
> any machine (at least that's what the defaults should do :)).
>
> -sandalle
>
> --
> Eric Sandall | Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
> eric AT sandall.us | http://www.sourcemage.org/
> http://eric.sandall.us/ | SysAdmin @ Shock Physics @ WSU
> http://counter.li.org/ #196285 | http://www.shock.wsu.edu/

Most of defaults ought to werx... note I didn't write the profile spells
they just dependn on the whole sections so I have no clue what they do...
The ones I plan on writing will be very restrictive as to assure that there
will indeed be libs that are acctually needed in there...

casting xorg-server should get you within a reasonable working X install
WITHOUT any drivers and maybe a missing depend here and there though
from what I can tell only the drivers are really missing now.

The dirvers require runtime_depends to be buildable...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461