sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Debian, sorcery

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Rafael George" <george.rafael AT gmail.com>
  • To: "SM Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Debian, sorcery
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:04:52 -0400

Hi guys, i have some problems with my hard drive and don't have
enought money to get a new one right now, maybe two or three months
later as i work most of the time on my laptop and its a Celeron 300mhz
i was thinking in getting Debian there so i can keep reading at least
my email. The problem with SourceMage on this type of machines when
you don't have distcc on other boxes is that when the hard drive get
some bad sectors is always harm big applications like "Firefox", so i
want to get Debian there and install sorcery and perforce so i can
keep checking perl-cpan.

do you think this is a good idea or do you have another suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Grimoire Guru
SourceMage GNU/Linux