sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Tasks for all grimoire gurus

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Tasks for all grimoire gurus
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 10:52:28 -0500

On Apr 02, Arwed von Merkatz [v.merkatz AT gmx.net] wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> first of all thanks for voting me in again as grimoire lead, I'll give
> my best.
> Here's a list of items that need to be looked at by every section
> maintainer:
> - all spells in your section should use config_query for persistent
> choices
> - all variables used in spells should be declared local to the file
> they're in
> - convert at least all the easy spells to BUILD_API=2 (i.e. those that
> don't need any changes besides the BUILD_API=2 line)
> As usual, the first priority is bugfixes, second priority to me are
> those items above, spell updates come in third.

Please keep security updates in mind moving forward since the security team
is officially gone. We are behind on several, and these should probably
come ahead of any other changes (depending on severity). You should
of course set the policy for security updates however you think is best for
your team, but someone(s) should probably walk through the last several
months of CVE alerts and check which ones we are still vulnerable to and
file bugs or something.