sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] expat depends

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: neuron <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] expat depends
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:13:14 +0100

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 01:12:04PM +0100, Ladislav Hagara wrote:

> > Yes, indeed. My point was that there is no way of disabling of some
> > features using ./configure script. For example, you can't stop dosbox
> > using sdl_net, if you have sdl_net installed. As it was discussed it
> > here before, there are two options to fix it.
> >
> > * Fix the configure itself (or configure.in)
> > * Modify depends so that they match the reality, which was my ugly
> > if spell_ok sdl_net
> > fi
> >

> You can always "dispel sdl_net; cast dosbox; cast sdl_net". :-)
> It can be implemented in spell (CONFLICTS, TRIGGERS, ...).

Yes, you can. But the problem is more general.

gaze orphans will tell you that you may dispel something and after you
dispel it you will find out that other things broke. I was thinking
about some way of automatically handling this. IMO it's possible, but
too much effort. Much better would be to use script (like Paul did) and
fix the spells, I think.

--
neuron