sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New Web/Tome Team Lead

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New Web/Tome Team Lead
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 17:45:53 -0800

On Friday 30 December 2005 09:08, Eric Sandall wrote:
> I would like to announce that we have a new Web/Tome Team Lead: Jason
> Flatt (Oadae)! ;)
>
> Jason received 20/38 votes (53%), congratulations and welcome back. :)

I just wanted to say thanks to you all for your vote of confidence in me and
my abilities, and to let you know what it is I plan on doing.

I am going to be spending the next week or two assessing the current status
of
those things which I am now in charge of. Then I'm going to lay out a plan
of action to get those things that need to be addressed taken care of.

I have already been doing this to some degree for the past week or so, and I
have come up with some things I would like to get implemented in the first
quarter of 2006, and they are:
* Continue moving forward with the cleaning up of the existing documentation
on the main site and the Wiki.
* Integrate Seth Woolley's man2html scripts to include the Source Mage man
pages as part of the Web site documentation.
* Integrate Paul Mohan's bashdoc scripts to include the sorcery API
documents
as part of the Web site documentation.
* Take advantage of Drupal's built-in localization to add streamline and
documentation for languages other than English.

I will need help to accomplish those goals, especially the first and last
items. If you have wanted to help out in some way, even only if it's a
little bit, this could be the thing for you. Contact me and we'll get
started cleaning up and expanding Source Mage's documentation, so that it is
more useful for everyone.

--
Jason Flatt
jflatt AT sourcemage.org