sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-modular...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-modular...
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:42:30 -0600

Okay, I have the xog-modular install and running here. I am sure there
are some depends that I have missed. I have created profile spells to
cast the section for all but the xorg-xserver ,xorg-doc, and xorg_extras
sections. The build order that is on the web site is xorg-util,
xorg-proto, xorg-libs, xorg-server, xorg-app, xorg-data, xorg-font.
There will be spells form later sections that will cast with earlier
sections because of dependencies but that is the order for the most of
the sections.

Some notes:

Files are no longer installed in /usr/X11R6.
All files are in these directories:
/usr/include/X11 - all header files (mainly the xorg-proto section)
/usr/lib - the xorg-libs install mainly here
/usr/lib/X11 - the xorg-apps install mainly here
/usr/lib/xorg - the xorg-drivers install here
/usr/share/X11 - app-defaults and some files from libx11. rgb, and xman
xorg-server installs across all of them.

Because of this you will need to change the paths in your xorg.conf.
Also I had to change my mouse protocol from auto to imps/2 as the scroll
wheel stopped working when it was auto.

All the directories that were in /etc/X11 are now in /usr/lib/X11 except
for app-defaults which is now in /usr/share/X11. Not sure if these will
need symlinks for other spells to work or not. (app-defaults, fs,
libproxy, proxymngr, rstart, xdm, xinit, xsm)

I have not added any symlinks to the spells yet. I have three symlinks
I manually created but not sure if the are actually needed. /usr/X11
-> /usr, /usr/X11R6 -> /usr, /etc/X11/xkb -> /usr/lib/X11/xkb

Also a CONFLICTS file probably needs to be added to all the xorg-modular
spells with all the other xfree and xorg spells in it.

xkeyboard-config is recommended over xkbdata, as xkbdata is no longer
maintained. They will me switching to xkeyboard-config on the next
releases.

There is a custom mesalib spell in the xorg-util section as xorg-modular
no longer has it integrated into it.

I have a custom nvidia_driver and nvidia_header spells that will need to
be integrate once xorg-modular is put into the devel grimoire.

Other spells that I know need to be tested, but I haven't had a chance
to yet:
nas
xaw3d
lesstif