sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage LiveCD

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage LiveCD
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:36:12 +0100

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:53:22 +0100, Jan CEPEK wrote:
> Hi everybody my name is Jan CEPEK and I am trying to make scripts which
> will generate Source Mage LiveCD from your own installation. If someone
> is interested please contact me and we could cooperate

Hi there!
I'm the guy that's been writing and doing a lot of the ISO stuff lately,
if you want, I can try helping out / explaining stuff a bit to get you
started, or script up any little bits for you :-)
Issues I'm thinking you might run into:
- bootloader
- initrd for bootstrapping (finding the CD device so you can mount /)
- making /etc and /tmp and others writeable
- Others I don't remember at the moment ;-)

Feel free to contact me, either via mail, or via IRC (BearPerson on
#sourcemage or #sourcemage-cauldron)

So Far,
Karsten Behrmann

--
Karsten Behrmann | Source Mage GNU/Linux developer, ISO team
BearPerson AT gmx.net | http://www.sourcemage.org