sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] 0.9.6-test1 out for x86

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.6-test1 out for x86
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 23:18:21 +0100

Hi all!
According to the schedule we set up last meeting, 0.9.6 ought to have
been released last tuesday. However, I've been a bit more busy than
I'd like to, so everything has been stalling a bit. Anyway, the first
test ISO for 0.9.6 is out. [0]

As usual, this ISO contains whatever 0.9.6 will contain, as-is. No more
features will be added, the only thing changed until 0.9.6 will be
bugfixes. So please help us make sure that the bugs and bugfixes will
happen during -test, and not during -rc or stable 0.9.6 ;-)

There's also a testing plan at [1] to point out earlier problems and
ought-to-be-fixed ones, look through it if you want.
Don't forget to report any bugs you may find ;-)

On a side note, if there are any features you'd like to see put on the
ISOs before 1.0, now would be a good time to file bugs for them.
I'm not planning to implement a lot of new stuff after 0.9.7.

Well, that's it for now. I hope this mail doesn't end up too crappy,
I'm pretty tired at the moment...

So Far,
Karsten

[0]
http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/testing/smgl-0.9.6-x86-2.6.14.2-nptl-test1.iso.bz2
[1] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Cauldron/TestPlan

--
Karsten Behrmann | Source Mage GNU/Linux developer, ISO team
BearPerson AT gmx.net | http://www.sourcemage.org