sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] State of x86_64^Wppc

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] State of x86_64^Wppc
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 13:40:14 -0600

Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:

> I brought it up again because the recent traffic of #sourcemage-cauldron
> indicates that we're past that "if" now. Getting 0.9.5 on ppc has issues
> they don't appear to have time to sort out. We seem to have enough
> equipment but not the time to make use of it. We have testers but not time
> to coordinate testing. Etc.
>
> 0.9.6 is supposed to be out in less than a week, and the current rate of
> ppc progress makes it clear we won't have a 0.9.5 ppc by then. We either
> need to put 0.9.6 off or call no 0.9.5 ppc. (Well, we could do 0.9.6 x86
> and then 0.9.5 ppc, but that doesn't make a lot of sense.) If we do no
> 0.9.5 ppc we either try again on 0.9.6 or say it realistically should wait
> til we're ready to do it, which it sounds like is where we are.

If the latest test iso for PPC works, then we can use that to generate
any number of ppc isos. the work being applied to the installer and such
will apply to the ppc iso. It was issues with the booting and loading of
the kernel for PPC that we couldn't get to work. The installer is
working great. It may very well be that we don't have a stable 0.9.5 PPC
but perhaps we'll have a 0.9.6 PPC.

David Kowis
ISO Team Lead