sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] publishing grimoire tarballs (was: PERFORCE change 69559 by Eric Sandall for review)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] publishing grimoire tarballs (was: PERFORCE change 69559 by Eric Sandall for review)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:25:10 +0100

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 01:55:28PM -0600, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> On Nov 17, Seth Alan Woolley [seth AT positivism.org] wrote:
[...]
> > Regarding the timeline of "this weekend or next", I'm still undergoing a
> > number of job interviews and I didn't want to commit to the use of my
> > server as a long-term upload station until I knew what my arrangements
> > would be for the future (if I had to relocate). It's really two
> > different issues (maybe I wasn't clear), one was automating test
> > updates, the other was pushing non-automated updates. The timeline for
> > stable-rc being generated and on the server will be this weekend at the
> > absolute latest, as you say. The timeline for test updates, as has been
> > discussed on the list, I was saying when I could commit to it, but I'm
> > not opposed to arwed pushing test grimoire updates himself or any other
> > developer if you don't want me doing it. I was just saying if nobody
> > else wants to do it what my timeline was for that.
>
> I mostly suggested you for hosting it because Arwed didn't sound like he
> had an always-on box, and you do. If that doesn't work for you for any
> reason though, say so; again, if the people responsible don't care if the
> automated tarballs get generated on a server, we can do it on the dedicated
> box. This is especially relevant if you don't want to be generating and
> pushing z-rejected from your box given the recent opinions you've expressed
> about that. If that's the case, speak up so something else can get going.
> It just needs done.

My box is almost-always-on, but I'd still prefer if the automatic
tarballs could be created on the dedicated box. I've setup automatic
tarball updating for test, z-rejected and games from my box for now,
every six hours.
test grimoire starting on 12:00 CET, games on 12:20 CET and z-rejected
on 12:40 CET. One reason why I don't really like doing that on my box is
that my upstream bandwidth is so bad that I need those 20 minutes
between test and games just to upload the test tarball :(

http://www.sourcemage.org