sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Questions About Drupal Functionality and Acceptance

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Questions About Drupal Functionality and Acceptance
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:43:56 -0700

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 09:32 pm, Jason Flatt wrote:
> I'll try to answer what I know. Adam or anyone else who has more current
> or relevant information can correct me.
>
> On Tuesday 27 September 2005 06:44 pm, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> >
> > 5) You can't get diffs between revisions of a book page. This is a big
> > deal, since often we want to use the site to work out policy and
> > technical design stuff. If we can't easily see how a document has
> > changed through revisions then this format is quite simply useless for
> > collaborative document editing, there's really no two ways about that.
>
> There is a revisions feature to Drupal, but I don't know anything about it
> or how to access it. There is also a Diff module:
> http://drupal.org/project/diff

I just discovered this and thought I would point out that I, as a content
editor (I don't know what other account types have this feature), have a tab
at the top of most pages (all, AFAICT, except the front page) labeled
"revisions", which lists exactly what you are describing here. I don't know
if that could be made available to a wider audience.

--
Jason Flatt
Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.