sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Compromise on signatures

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Compromise on signatures
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:41:47 -0400

Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:

If we do go for allowing hashsums we'll want to make sure they're as
close to being as good as the GPG signatures, which use sha512 at the
moment. So all hashsums would have to be done with sha512.

As long as it takes less then one minute to compute on a modern CPU I'm OK with
it.

And if we pick this one hash algorithm as mandatory and outlaw all others, I'm
still OK with it. Will this make sorcery team's life easier?

Sergey.