sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Warning: test grimoire init.d breakage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Warning: test grimoire init.d breakage
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:19:56 -0400

Quoting "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>:

I promise this mail has nothing to do with GPG.

Me too :-).

If you use test grimoire and updated it and recast init.d in the last 24
hours, you may have a non-bootable system. A call to /usr/bin/grep made it
into the init system, which won't work for scripts that are called before
/usr is mounted.

Is that what I integrated yesterday? I assumed it was OK because I used this
code for some time and there was no WIP on it.

I'm sorry too. I don't have a separate /usr partition that's why it worked.

Sergey.