sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] brouwer.uvt.nl server

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] brouwer.uvt.nl server
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:01:52 -0700

Hi all, this e-mail is mostly for the Team Leads, but feel free to chime
in if you have input.

Joost van Baal has kindly given us access to brouwer.uvt.nl for use as a
server (we've only requested it for use as an SCM server). Now, we've
had this for over a year, but have hardly used it (a few tries at CVS,
P4<->CVS synching, and some Subversion). Joost has said that they're
more than happy to install any SCM we'd like to use.

My question: Do we want to continue to use brouwer.uvt.nl or should we
use sourcemage.org solely?

We could set one up as a proxy/slave to the other to spread out the load
and cut down downtime in the advent of a server failure.

Thoughts?

-sandalle

eric at sandall.us PGP: 0xA8EFDD61 | http://www.sourcemage.org/
http://eric.sandall.us/ | SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @