sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] cross install

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Lubomir Blaha <tritol AT trilogic.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] cross install
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:05:15 +0200

Hello all.

I'm new in this list but using SM at home and work for a year (maybe
longer). It's great distro and I'm happy with my decision to install it.
Thanks for your work.

I'm able to do most of things on my own, but now I don't know how solve
cross install (and upgrades) of SM. I got old notebook (486/100, 4MB
RAM, CF instead of HDD) and I want SM on it. I was read howtos
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=install_root+and+others
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=install+using+chroot+and+rsync
and few posts from this list and I still don't know how to do it.

I want do all on my home PC with SM, to notebook transfer only installed
files and still use sorcery stuff to trace it. So I need trace two SM
instalations with one sorcery stuff. I found "install_root and others"
useful, but I can't find easy way to switch these variables (menu driven
program is not easy way :).

Thanks for any advice.

Lubomir

--
In the beginning was the Tao. The Tao gave birth to Space and Time.
Therefore, Space and Time are the Yin and Yang of programming.