sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] p4 stable sorcery update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] p4 stable sorcery update
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:55:39 -0700

Syncing over 30,000 files tends to significantly hammer our perforce
server since it (apparently) requires a rather significant amount of
database work.

As others suggested, p4 sync portions of the tree, or reconsider
why you have it checked out to begin with. You can use p4 dirs
//sgl/grimoires/stable/* to see whats out there. And sync just that tree
or have just that part specified in your client view.

Note that every few weeks a new stable-rc/x.x and stable/y.y branch will
get made so you may not want to have all those tree's checked out.