sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-new call

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Michael Leo Brown Jr." <dmlb2000 AT excite.com>
  • To: sergey AT optimaltec.com, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-new call
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:18:50 -0400 (EDT)

<snip>
>That worked for me just fine in the past.

Okay I might have to add that at least for when sorcery system update happens

<snip>
>Do you mean it would remember the setting even if I did "cast -r"? That could
>work.

You have to think of cast -r a little differently with linux-new
Basically it means use the old configuration but give me as many changes to
change it as possible.

<snip>
>That's fine, I never need more than one actually.
>
>The way it looks to me now is that
>1) current spell doesn't really handle "sorcery system-update" well and
>the new
>one isn't either, so that's a fair trade :-);

Agreed:
but I'm trying to fix that and the more feedback I get from you guys the
better
I'll be able to handle the system-update part of linux-new

>2) I'd like to tweak some options (e.g. en/disable a new driver or iptables
>module) but keep major settings intact, so I'd like to stay away from
>"cast -r"
>as long as I can.

But that's what you are doing, you are reconfiguring your kernel but you are
using the old configureation as the default.

It's just a different way of thinking about it.

- David Brown

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com