sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-new call

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: "David Michael Leo Brown Jr." <dmlb2000 AT excite.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-new call
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 01:26:10 -0700

Then why not just use the old version's kernel config when it's not -r
on an update? Then the next time they do make menuconfig (or oldconfig)
it will have all the proper (NEW) references for the user to check out.
At least for revision-level updates, the kernel config rarely actually
changes and so it would be nice to do that. If it breaks, you would
have needed to use -r anyways.