sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Weekly Stable Grimoire Update Report

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Weekly Stable Grimoire Update Report
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 18:01:34 -0700

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:28:36PM +0200, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 01:17:49PM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > Quoting Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>:
> > <snip>
> > > It is a nice indicator, but I think prometheus will help us even more
> > > with that when it's back up and running on several boxes.
> > > As for the current stable grimoire, an update would definitely be
> > > welcome. Until everything is set up for the QA team to be happy with it
> > > we should continue with regular stable grimoire updates.
> >
> > With the power of Sorcery I'd prefer to keep stable as-is until we have
> > the QA
> > Team's Prometheus server up and running. I'd rather stable be stable and
> > secure, if out-of-date a bit. If you want newer programs you can always
> > use
> > Sorcery's scribbler and put them in a local grimoire in front of stable,
> > IMO.
>
> That's ok with me too, but then everyone please file bugs for stuff
> failing in stable so we can at least integrate those fixes.

I'm going to fork off a stable-rc grimoire shortly (is anybody opposed
to today or tomorrow?). It will be the entire test grimoire. Then
we'll test it to make sure updates go ok (fixing in stable-rc grimoire,
then backporting). After a good report or two, after a week, I'll
integrate the entire thing over. Because of piecemeal upgrade problems,
I think this is a slightly safer way than we've done it before -- not
sure yet, though, which is why I want to test it out.

And in the meantime, yes, file bugs for stable sorcery. Keep them open
until the fixes are in test grimoire. Then CC me, and I will integrate
them by hand up to stable-rc and stable.

Seth

P.S. Is there a way we can add a "tag" in bugzilla that means "hey,
integrate this to stable"? I'd like a quick and easy way to run a query
on that.

Key id 00BA3AF3 = 8BE0 A72E A47E A92A 0737 F2FF 7A3F 6D3C 00BA 3AF3
Quality Assurance Team Leader; Security Team Member, Leader Emeritus
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Elected Coordinating Committee Member, Secretary, and Finances Chair
Pacific Green Party of Oregon - Peace - http://www.pacificgreens.org