sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-new -> linux final push

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <Sorcerer AT TheDragonsEdge.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] linux-new -> linux final push
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:09:34 -0700 (MST)

David,

This looks awesome! i can't wait to try it out.

Currently, when the Linux spell is cast, any directly dependant spells are
triggered (oprofile, alsa-driver etc.) When they are, they are compiled
against the current (just dispelled) kernel. So one has to reboot and then
recast them.

Given your work on the linux-new spell, is this problem alleviated?

Thanx,

Bearcat