sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing results iso: 2.6.9-ntpl-test2

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eric AT schabell.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing results iso: 2.6.9-ntpl-test2
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:04:45 +0100

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 04:45:36PM -0600, David Kowis wrote:
> Karsten Behrmann wrote:
> >On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:59:25 +0100
> >Eric Schabell <eric AT schabell.com> wrote:
> >
> >>3) Not guided thru menu, but just drops thru to next menu item that I
> >>have to select (which means I can skip one if I want which would pretty
> >>much bork and install). Used to lead install thru menu items w/o
> >>stopping in the menu to wait for my enter.
> >
> >We could change that (back) for the next ISO if it's really wanted, atm we
> >have someone (David Kowis) who's entirely redoing the menu though, so we
> >might not want to pour too much energy into the old menu.
>
> If I;m understanding correctly, you skipped an item and that item was
> required and so it broke the install?

No, I did not skip anything, but at this point you are told in a dialog
box that you have to navigate thru the sorcery menu (which is not being
displayed at that moment, it is the coming step) from option1 -> option2
-> select option3 to get to the arch settings. Then this dialog box
disappears and you are sitting in the top level of the sorcery menu...
hope you remember the path needed to get to the arch settings!

erics