sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Testing results iso: 2.6.9-ntpl-test2

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eric AT schabell.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Testing results iso: 2.6.9-ntpl-test2
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:59:25 +0100

Howdy,

The results and comments:

1) booting goes straight thru w/o waiting if I want to install/rescue or
pass kernel options.

2) by base install see alot of "being investigated", what is that?
Notice user concern here....

3) Not guided thru menu, but just drops thru to next menu item that I
have to select (which means I can skip one if I want which would pretty
much bork and install). Used to lead install thru menu items w/o
stopping in the menu to wait for my enter.

4) Very confusing for someone to have to run thru sorcery menu to set
architecture optimizations...

5) end of install, reboot fails and falls back to main menu.... have
hard reboot the box (pwr switch) as states "cannot execute binary files"

Final comments:

Very strange to have an iso running test grimoires (I assume it was
test, maybe devel?). As soon as I did a scribe add stable and updated my
gcc and glibc had to both be downgraded... not too much trouble, but why
are the iso's not done with stable?

Also the usb stuff is missing in the modules, but this is a know fact
and then next iso will have them.

Thanks for the work, I do get an installed and bootable box (amd
processor),

erics