sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] new glibc hits stable

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <f.bridault AT fra.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] new glibc hits stable
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:34:08 +0100

Le Jeudi 24 Février 2005 20:14, Andrew a écrit :
> > So that way it should work ? Mmmh... So what does that mean ? My depends
> > tree is broken ??
> > Here on my box the spells are checked in the same order as shown with :
> > gaze installed
> > So the older casted spell is checked first, and the latest at last... Is
> > this a bug ??
>
> Either you've managed to completely obliterate your
> /var/state/sorcery/depends (in which case I would recommend a rebuild
> at your nearest convenience), your version of make is completly broken,
> or you're using an extremely old version sorcery since the code to do
> bottom-up spell checking has been there for a long time.
>
> I just tried it and it can give the appearance of being sequential
> from gaze installed since thats the default ordering make uses in the
> absense of depends, and since a number of spells have very few depends,
> especially the ones that dont get recast very often, it can appear that
> its just iterating through them. Try fixing something you know depends
> on other spells like mplayer of xfree86.
>
> -Andrew

Mmhh, well all my apologizes, I remember well now, that the way cleanse
work :))
But I removed by accident /var/state/sorcery/depends some months ago. :-/
Someone on IRC (I didn't remember who, sorry :$) gave me a script named
"rebuildPackages.sh" which repaired that. But I guess this has not been
sufficient (the file is back however). So the best way is to do a "sorcery
rebuild" now ??

Thanks.
--
Flavien Bridault