sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] New version of quill

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] New version of quill
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:58:18 +0100

Here's the latest version of quill and I did note that ppl don't seem to be
using
it or maybe they just don't feel that it would be nice to recive some
feedback.
And since I know the previous version had a fatal bug in it which
I only found out about yesterday it didn't work.

Is it to much to ask that some ppl atleast try it once or twice and comment
on it.
Remember this is so that anyone who wants to make a spell without heavy
writting
can do it(without a web based interface).

Here's a little description on how it works:

The way quill works is by simply getting the spell
name(which could prolly be mangled out of the url)
the source url, license, short and normal description
depends, provides, conflicts, and then asks the
user if he wants any of the other files and then
Generates from that a "working" DETAILS, DEPENDS, CONFLICTS, PROVIDES
and HISTORY files plus any other files with the default_function output.

I plan to implement a few nice tricks into it
Like automatic bugzilla submission, automatic inclusion into some section
etc... everything user configurable of course.

--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik

For all the knowledge... || URL: http://ruskie.pixelcarnage.com
I will prevail... || ICQ: 321223361
If I fail nothing is left... || MSN: ruskie_0 AT yahoo.co.uk
All is lost... || Jabber: ruskie AT jabber.org
Never to be seen again... || Yahoo!: ruskie_0
Nevermore...

EtPan! - nicest email client I have seen -
http://libetpan.sourceforge.net/etpan

Key ID = 32FE2034
Key fingerprint = EF36 041B E2A5 4E6F 7B3E 6B45 C0F2 E234 32FE 2034

  • [SM-Discuss] New version of quill, Andrew "ruskie" Levstik, 01/29/2005