sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: FHS 2.3

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: FHS 2.3
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:35:07 -0800

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 11:28:36AM -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> >I personally really dislike /media and /srv, but it's ok to have them by
> >default on new installs. What I don't want is spells assuming anything
> >about those dirs, though that shouldn't really happen anyway, as /media
> >is only a directory for mountpoints and /srv is for user/admin added
> >server content.
>
> Correct, no spell should ever touch those, and if they do, we can slap
> them. :)

Can this go into the guru handbook or where-ever it is that we specify
what should go where and where it should not go?

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |