sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Update on udev required?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bas van Gils <Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Update on udev required?
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:58:29 +0100

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 11:14:48PM -0700, Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
> Hey folks,

Howdy,

probably my last post in 2004 :-)

> Does anyone know of any manual adjustments I need to make to my system when
> upgrading my udev fomr 049 to 050? Something to do with LILO probably.

I recently updated from 049 to 050 and that went just fine, I didn't have to
do change anything after the update. Perhaps you have some specific stuff in
your udev.* files?

Also, a while ago there was a posting on this ML that the udev.permissions
will disappear starting with version 051. You'll have to update your
udev.rules then to set the permissions. I have no idea *how* that will be
done. Perhaps we should put a HOWTO on the Wiki, I suspect a lot of users will
find it not-straightforward...

Cheers,

Bas

--
<Bas.vanGils AT cs.ru.nl> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493 - http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences