sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gnupg signatures on website available now for sorcery and grimoires. Plus draft text of gpg source validation for grimoires.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gnupg signatures on website available now for sorcery and grimoires. Plus draft text of gpg source validation for grimoires.
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:04:36 -0800

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 02:40:26PM +0100, Mathieu L. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I'm terribly busy I didn't have time to go through all the stuff
> concerning gpg-signing for spells (though I'll do it for sure later),
> but since I might take a few seconds to update a spell (in devel and
> test) I just wanted to know if I can still do it the usual way
> or if I must absolutely comply to a new procedure from now on?
>
> If the latter, don't bother explaining again if it's in the past mails,
> I'll move my ass and read them carefully asa I have some little time to
> spare.

By the usual way, if you mean using the MD5[X] field then yes that is
still the correct thing to do. The stuff about gpg checks in spells
is still in the planning phase, what seth supplied as just a draft of
the specification, nothing has been implemented as of yet, when it is,
you'll know :) In any case, to my knowledge the plan is that MD5 will
be slowly phased out and GPG will slowly be phased in, probably much
like build_api 1->2.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |