sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Moving to Maildir

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: neuron <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Moving to Maildir
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:21:32 +0100

[...]
> My Question :
>
> I am interresting in the same way,
> did you find a solution for this ?
> (in Maildir format with Inbox in //var/spool/mail and personnal folder in
> ~/.imap/)

No, I'm leaving all my mail in home. However, you can create backup mail
folder quite easilly from procmail:

--- cut ---
:0 c
.backup

:0 ic
| cd .backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,500d`

first line copies every mail to .backup directory, I believe you can
change it to have it at another directory. Second line deletes messages
when you have them more than 500 and deletes oldest first.

Hope it helps

--
Neuron