sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.3 x86/ppc ISO released!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.3 x86/ppc ISO released!
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:52:39 +0200

neuron a écrit :
I intended to use vmware to test. However, 2.6 linux kernel sometimes kernel panic or most cases, it does not have a working keyboard.
I tested with several vmware revision (don't have the numbers at hand).

The keyboard is working fine here, at least as long as I don't escape
(Alt-Shift) from the vmware window. I setup all the partitions, mounted
them, setup kernel to copy, logging system, skipped networking... At the
end, I pressed 'Done', and the installer wanted to reboot. Strange
thing, no istallation proceeded at all, and the drive was not also
bootable afterwards. But the same did the last install CD, so I think
it's vmware problem.

Nope. I think you fall into the usual trap. You need to go to the "Select optional spells to install" even if you select nothing. Once done, you'll get a "Install Source Mage GNU/Linux to disk" menu.

I do not change the menu order from the previous ISO.

Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO team