sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Postfix users beware!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin <robin AT kallisti.net.nz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Postfix users beware!
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 04:19:06 +1200

Last night my postfix install got updated as part of a (long overdue)
system-update. What happened was that the postfix that was running was the
old 2.0.16 version, and the new one was 2.1.4. So, I'd get an email, and the
old one packages it up or whatever, and passes it on to a program from the
new install, which promptly chokes on this unexpected format. And
fortunately, spits it back up into /var/spool/postfix/corrupted. So about 12
hours later, I begin to wonder why my email is so silent, and figure it out.
When upgrading between these postfix versions, you *must* restart the server
as soon as possible. Ideally before any mail goes through. If you don't do
this, then I have written a script that will reinsert the queue files back
into the system for you. It is at http://www.kallisti.net.nz/PostInject

--
Robin <robin AT kallisti.net.nz> JabberID: <eythian AT jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 = DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663