sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Firefox Problems

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul Mahon <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Firefox Problems
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:43:18 -0400

I've been plagued with firefox problems for a while. A couple of days
ago I was unable to start firefox at all, it would just keep repeating:
on the CLI. I fixed that my removing all traces of firefox and mozilla,
then reinstalling, then running firefox as root, and then
copying /root/.mozilla to my user's home directory (and of course
chown).

So firefox starts up now. Today, I tried to install the ad blocker
extension. It seemed to install, but needed a restart complete the
install, so I restarted it. The extension manager told me that I still
needed to restart the browers before it would complete the installation.
From rom the command line, I now get:

$ firefox
*** nsExtensionManager::_finishOperations - failure, catching exception
so finalize window can close

Has anyone else had these problems? Anyone have a suggestion, other than
to drop firefox and go back to galeon?

  • [SM-Discuss] Firefox Problems, Paul Mahon, 09/01/2004