sm-discuss - RE: [SM-Discuss] Installing SMGL to very low-spec machine

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: evraire AT tuwg.com
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [SM-Discuss] Installing SMGL to very low-spec machine
  • Date: 23 Aug 2004 11:47:12 -0000

Might I suggest using a more powerful system to compile the applications for
her system in a chroot, then you would only need to transfer the binaries
from your chrooted environment. Without all the source code and the need to
compile, your mother's system should be fine. I believe we still have the
requirement of 1GB of RAM (ie: memory + swap space), at least for some of the
larger spells for sure.

Just a thought!

Jonathan Evraire
evraire at tuwg.com