sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Install, Update, Upgrade, freezes on boot

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Install, Update, Upgrade, freezes on boot
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:43:12 -0700

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 12:16 am, Seth Alan Woolley wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 07:59:30PM -0700, Jason Flatt wrote:
> > On Friday 06 August 2004 8:36 am, Eric Sandall wrote:
[...]
> > > Well I just did a clean install from the 20040414 2.6 ISO and had the
> > > same problem, but that change fixed it. So our init scripts are messed
> > > up somewhere.
> > >
> > > :( I'll see if I have time to go mucking around the init scripts to fix
> > > : it, but
> > >
> > > if anyone else has an inclination, please do. :)
> > >
> > > -sandalle
> >
> > I also have recently done a clean install, and because of this thread I
> > was paying attention to that setting. It was correct off the ISO, but
> > after adding the Test grimoire and then rebuilding it was not. So, the
> > problem is in the current version of one of the spells that are included
> > on the ISO.
>
> Let's get this out of the way to make sure it's not all my fault.
>
> Can you cat this file to me?
>
> /etc/sorcery/local/depends/init.d
>
> it should look like:
>
> INITDSCRIPT_PROVIDES="smgl-default-remote-fs:remote_fs mountall.sh:local_fs
> " DEVICES=udev
> INITDSCRIPTS="smgl-misc devices smgl-suspend-single smgl-default-remote-fs
> single keymap.sh z-misc.sh mountall.sh hostname.sh "
> INITDSCRIPTS_DISABLED=""
>
> (that's mine)
>
> I changed it to default disabled unless ESSENTIAL is marked.
>
> That may have done something unexpected. We might have to mark
> something ESSENTIAL or make a new variable as I mentioned before if that
> was what caused it.
>
> Seth

I can't cat it, because it's on another machine, but I compared yours w/mine,
and the two things that were different were the order in which things
appeared (which I'm sure means nothing) and that my INITDSCRIPTS is missing
z-misc.sh.

This is what mine looks like:
INITDSCRIPT_PROVIDES="smgl-default-remote-fs:remote_fs mountall.sh:local_fs "
INITDSCRIPTS="smgl-suspend-single smgl-misc smgl-default-remote-fs single
mountall.sh keymap.sh hostname.sh devices "
INITDSCRIPTS_DISABLED=""
DEVICES=udev

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)