sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Evolution2 and SSL

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Evolution2 and SSL
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:44:46 -0700

Quoting dufflebunk AT pizzaz.wite3.on.cogeco.ca:
> My evolution2 was updated (to 1.5.91) and now I can't send mail with it.
> It complains about "SSL unavailable" even though I told it not to send mail
> via SSL. Quite anoying. Anyways, I tracked the problem down to it not
> compiling with SSL support. I told it to use openssl, and even after
> manualy running ./configure with all the options that might have
> somethign to do with SSL, it still reports that the SSL is disabled.
> This command will show if you have SSL support in your evolution2:
> gaze compile evolution2 | grep "SSL support"
> If you've got 1.5.91 and SSL support in there, I'd be very interested in
> knowing how.

I have 1.5.90 (stable grimoire) and SSL works fine. Is it just since the
update
to 1.5.91 that you don't have SSL (this is how it sounds to me)? I'll try
updating to 1.5.91 tomorrow (evolution isn't important if it breaks, I just
use
it for testing stuff).

-sandalle