sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] OPTS

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <ashaman AT flyingtemple.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] OPTS
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 08:52:44 -0500

Treeve Jelbert wrote:
I have been cleaning up a number of spells, and the BUILD files are now reduced to

OPTS="--disable-debug --enable-final ${OPTS}" &&
default_build

I was wondering whether I could put the OPTS line in DETAILS, and then remove the BUILD completely.

I tried, but it did not seem to work. Any thoughts?
Is it possible? desirable?
format as OPTS="xxxx yyy " or OPTS="xxx yyy ${OPTS}"

Regards, Treeve

One thing I've done with a few spells in the past is to put something like that in the CONFIGURE file, which seems to work (see rss-glx). Though even that I was wishing there was a better way.

Geoff