sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: Kernel 2.4 vs 2.6

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L" <lejatorn AT linuxmail.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: Kernel 2.4 vs 2.6
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:06:32 +0000

> Yes, yes, more people go to test 2.6 so that paranoics as me will
> eventually might change too :)
>
> --
> Neuron

-->Honestly, I was about to do so but since I'm not running any web server
I'm now not as much enthusiastic as I was before before about that. Though
there is still this nice ¨non-scsi¨ burning to try ... ;)

I'd like to know for those who have tried 2.6 if they really think it's worth
it for a workstation only? Is there any drawback compared to 2.4? According
to the article, 2.6 seems to be a bit slower to compile stuff, isn't that
quite relevant for Sourcemage running on a workstation?

Lejatorn.

We are Microsoft. Linux is irrelevant.
Openness is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.