sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: french spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vladimír Marek <vlmarek AT volny.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: french spell
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:27:52 +0200

On Út, bře 30, 2004 at 01:23:55 +0000, Mathieu L wrote:

> > [...]
> > >
> > > However, what I would really love to see is my ¨optimised for french¨
> > > dvorak keymap which is never featured in any distro.
> > [...]
> >
> > What about some 'french' spell ?
> >
> -->Yes, why not...
> For the moment I could provide the material which could go ¨inside¨
> the spell (keymaps, translations...) but I've never made any spell and
> I don't have time to learn right now.

I was thinking about it a bit more, and I don't like the idea very much
now. What would that spell do ?

a) settings
- Well, anything beyond LANG and LC_* environment, plus keyboard map ?
b) translation files
- What would be translated ?
c) Additional files not contained in other packages by default (as you
kb)
- This could be easilly possible, but IMO it would be far better to
convice official packages to include those.

Maybe I am missing something here ?

--
Neuron