sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: ISO size and locale availability

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L" <lejatorn AT linuxmail.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: ISO size and locale availability
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:09:27 +0000

I am french and I'd rather have a nice installer only in english instead of
an approximative and not accurate doc in french.
Besides, as someone told it before the locales will be updated when glibc is
installed so no reason to keep those in the ISO.

However, what I would really love to see is my ¨optimised for french¨ dvorak
keymap which is never featured in any distro. There usually is an english
dvorak and some which they call french or spanish but which are nothing else
but english dvorak with a few changes. I would be glad to send mine (I
haven't made it up myself, it has been invented by a belgium guy after a
statistical study http://www.algo.be/ergo/dvorak-fr.html) to whoever is in
charge of this in the ISO.
Also, I wouldn't mind taking care of some french translation if that helps.

We are Microsoft. Linux is irrelevant.
Openness is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.