sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] large bug closure latency

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] large bug closure latency
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:58:14 +0100

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 03:36:18PM -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I like the QUICK FIXES flag in the bug list, but I still need permission
> > or need to notify the section guru that you would like to fix it. This
> > can take a while via email. Can we have a flag like QUICK FIX ANYONE,
> > which allows anyone to fix the bug without permission or notification?
> >
> > Cheers, Duane.
>
> You don't need permission to fix bugs that have not been looked at, only to
> muck
> around updating things or moveing them around.

Exactly, as is often repeated here, anyone with an account may accept a
bug. If you don't want to do that, you may always comment on a bug. If
you have a fix, attache the comments or a file containing the patch, no
one will complain, just a few of us leads will dance a jig (joy!)!

So get on it Duane!

erics